Frequently Asked Questions

How Do We Charge?
Traditionally, accounting firms charge clients by time. At Dendra, we take a different approach, offering up-front pricing and a choice of payment options. We will scope your work, agree to our fee with you in advance and actually advise you of a completion date – Yes that’s right, actually tell you when your work will be completed and actually stick to it. Total peace of mind, you get certainty, and no hidden costs.

  • Advance – If you select to pay your fees upfront prior to us commencing your work, we will take up to 3% off the total amount.
  • Monthly Payments – If you would like to pay our fees over an agreed period, we will direct debit your nominated bank or credit card account.
  • Pay on Invoice – The traditional route. However we will request 50% of the total amount prior to commencing your work. The remaining balance will be due when work is complete.

How long will it take to receive my tax refund?
Normally it takes between 5 and 10 working days from the date we lodge your return, as long as there are no processing delays by the ATO.

What are the financial year dates, quarter dates and FBT year dates?
There are many lodgment dates during the year which confuse many business owners. This is why we provide every client with a personalised calendar that highlights all the important dates for the financial year.

Can my BAS/ITR lodgment date be extended, if so for how long?
When lodging through a tax agent, you generally receive an extended amount of time to lodge which can vary on the type of lodgement. Also, under special circumstances, we can apply for an additional extension period if necessary.

Can I send in my documents, rather having to make an appointment to see you?
We accept information to prepare your tax return via e-mail, mail or via upload to our website. We send you a ‘required information checklist’ that will assist you in providing all necessary documents.

What do you need from me so that I can move our accounting services to you?
We will ask you for two things. A copy of your most recent tax return and also your previous accountants details so that we can obtain any information that would be relevant for future years. We will look after the transfer of records and you won’t need to do anything further.